Home Policy Department
The Home Policy Department is a subdivision of the Vologda Oblast Government. It works in accordance with the Clause of the Home Policy Department confirmed by the Vologda Oblast Government Decree N 570 dated as of 31.05.2012.
Within its competence, the Home Policy Department implements the functions on development and realization of state policy in the sphere of local self-government, realizes functions on administrative-territorial system of the Vologda Oblast and provides effective cooperation of the Vologda Oblast Governor, the Vologda Oblast Government with public institutions, political parties, national cultural autonomies, other civil society organizations that operate on the territory of the Vologda Oblast, and ensures their activity in the region. The Home Policy Department also receives all letters for the Vologda Oblast Governor, Vologda Oblast Government, structural subdivisions of the government, records and distributes letters received to the relevant departments and committees, handles the despatch of letters.
Main functions include:
- submitting proposals to the Vologda Oblast Legislative Council concerning territorial organisation of local self-government bodies, delimitation, and transformation of the oblast's municipalities;
- organizing consultations for Vologda's municipalities concerning a bank of regulatory legal acts on local self-governing;
- monitoring effectiveness of local self-government structures in accordance with the RF President's Decree N 607 dated as of 28.04.2008;
- dataware of the Vologda Oblast Government, the oblast's executive bodies and local self-government bodies concerning organisation of local self-government and interaction with the oblast's municipalities;
- social, economic and cultural programming for nations that are not numerous on the territory of the Vologda Oblast;
- recording a register of administrative-territorial system of the Vologda Oblast;
- monitoring social and political situation in the Vologda Oblast;
- developing government policies to support nongovernmental and civil society organizations;
- coordinating the activities of Vologda's executive powers relating to encouraging and support NGO activity;
- submitting proposals to the Vologda Oblast Governor and local government concerning their participation in events held by national cultural autonomies, political parties, nongovernmental and civil society organizations;
- implementation of the state ethnicities policy, improving the organisational and legal framework of ethnic relations;
- organizing meetings of the Vologda Oblast Governor with leaders of political parties, heads of nongovernmental and civil society organizations;
- informing the Vologda Oblast Governor, Vologda Oblast Government, and executive powers of the Vologda Oblast on the activities of nongovernmental organizations, political parties and civil society organizations, and their participation in government decision-making processes;
- preparation of analytical materials for mass media that show local government policies to support civil society development and government offices to liaise with civil society;
- providing information support to nongovernmental organizations and other civil society organizations;
- receiving all letters for the Vologda Oblast Governor, Vologda Oblast Government, structural subdivisions of the government, recording and distributing letters received to the relevant departments and committees, handling the despatch of letters;
- organising reception of citizens by the Vologda Oblast Governor and heads of local government subdivisions;
- cooperating with election committees, bodies of local self-government on issues pertaining to elections of the RF President, deputies of the State Duma of the RF Federation Council, the oblast's Governor, deputies of the Legislative Assembly of the Vologda Oblast.
A press breakfast was held as part of a series of meetings of Vologda’s journalists with top leadership of the Vologda Oblast Government.
The day of State flag of the Russian Federation, one of the statutory holidays of Russia, was established in 1994 by the decree of the President of the Russian Federation and is celebrated on August, 22.