Committee on Preservation of Objects of Historical Heritage
The Committee on Preservation of Objects of Historical Heritage of the Vologda Oblast works in accordance with the Clause of the Committee on Preservation of Objects of Historical Heritage confirmed by the Vologda Oblast Government Decree N 33 dated as of 19.01.2015.
Main functions of the committee:
- regulation of relations in the sphere of culture (usage of historical and cultural heritage);
- management of preservation, usage and popularization of cultural heritage sites of regional and federal value;
- the restoration of ancient and historic buildings;
- assessment and conservation of rare buildings;
- preservation and protection of important archaeological sites;
- documentation of objects of cultural heritage.
One of the primary functions of the Committee on Preservation of Objects of Historical Heritage is to preserve, conserve and protect buildings, objects, or other artifacts of historical significance. It tends to refer specifically to the preservation of the built environment.
The care of cultural heritage has a long history, one that was primarily aimed at fixing and mending objects for their continued use and aesthetic enjoyment.
As an executive body with diverse functions, the Committee on Preservation of Objects of Historical Heritage carries out its mission through a number of subordinate offices and institutions.
The fourth International Trade Fair for Preservation, Restoration and Museum Technology Denkmal Russia-Moscow 2017 took place on November 8-10th in the heart of the Russian capital, at the exhibition site Gostiniy Dvor.